Sunday, September 13, 2015

Contrast, Balance, & Harmony


This picture demonstrates contrast, balance, and harmony. First, you'll notice the contrast in this old, abandoned wood structure. This building was part of a mine that is now desolate. The contrast really helps bring out the texture of the wood. If I could have wood floors in my house, I would want the wood to look just like this. This feeling leads me to balance. When I think of the home I want to make a living in, I imagine wood floors. Wood brings balance into my life because it's so related to nature. It's also very symmetrical, which can be another contributor to balance. The perpendicular lines of the architecture also bring a sense of balance. To me, balance has a lot to do with a straight line. As I imagine balancing things in my life, I can picture some sort of horizontal or vertical line that I'm trying to compare a situation to. I also love things in 3, so the fact that there's 3 vertical beams really makes for a balanced sight to my eyes. Lastly, this picture makes me feel harmonious. I say this because I was in a very beautiful place in Keystone, Colorado watching the sunset on the peak of mountain when this picture was taken. I could go on for days about why this picture brings harmony to my life, especially the color of the wood. I need it in my life. Basically, this picture of me makes me think of all the possible opportunities waiting for me in Colorado. This thought makes me feel very stabilized in life and definitely demonstrates the feeling of harmony. This picture greatly portrays my life as a mountain woman :)

2 comments:

  1. When you went to have your picture taken did you choose the location yourself? I like how this stunning picture describes things you like in your life and how it fits into who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I was actually just on vacation and exploring when we found this abandoned mine. Yeah I immediately fell in love with this county in Colorado. I pictured my life there as soon as I saw everything. It was so gorgeous. This was also a really high quality photo taken by one of my friends on the trip with me :)

      Delete